Our Goal: To lose FAT, and to change body composition. Weight is NOT nearly as important
BUT cutting calories should not be your first move. Cutting calories will actually slow your fat metabolism over time, and by adjusting your diet and your metabolism you can lose fat without cutting calories. Here is a 10 step plan to help you do just that:
1. Eliminate empty calories:
• Clean up your diet, get rid of processed foods and sugary snacks
2. Alter caloric ratios:
• Eat lower fats, increase cleaner burning proteins and carbs
3. Eat small frequent meals:
• Eat 4-6 smaller meals per day which keeps energy and fat metabolism high
4. Add Protein snacks:
• Protein snacks will bump up your metabolism and help you burn more calories
• Something as simple as drinking a Leanbody RTD will do the trick
5. Eat less as the day goes on:
• Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince, dinner like a pauper
• This mirrors your body’s natural metabolism and times when it needs energy
• Don’t be like most Americans who skip breakfast, eat a small lunch, but then chow down with lots of calories for dinner which can end up being stored as fat
6. Don’t Skip Breakfast
7. Restrict food at night:
• Eat nothing, or very few calories after dinner. This type of intermittent fasting is great for your digesting health and for burning more fat.
8. Time your meals:
• Make sure you give your body what it needs, when it needs it. Your post-workout meal can be one of your most important for recovery and fat burning.
9. Morning workouts:
• By shifting your workout times to morning, especially if you train on an empty stomach, you can burn more fat and have a longer caloric after-burn than if you train later in the day.
10. Add aerobics:
• Spending 20 minutes in your target heart range will also increase fat metabolism for a 24 to 48 hour period of time. Be careful with too much aerobics though as it could lead to overtraining, and increased stress hormone levels which can reduce fat metabolism.
These methods have been tried and tested for decades by the world’s leanest athletes and they can work for you too!
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article.
Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.